Bethel Farm Mill
A luscious, moist cake of around 1.35Kg. The cake is gluten free and has a high level of fibre and high protein levels. Yes this cake is actually nutritious as it is made from bean flour.
30 minPrep Time
1 hr, 10 Cook Time
1 hr, 40 Total Time
- One Packet of Bethel Farm Mill Marseille Citrus Cake Mix
- 360mls water
- 3 eggs
- 100mls of light oil (such as grapeseed, rice bran, sunflower)
- 125 gms of butter
- two medium lemons
- 2 tbspns sugar
- Preheat your oven to 150C (fan forced)
- Oil and line the base of a 20cm springform tin with baking paper.
- Empty a packet of Bethel Farm Mill Marseille Cake Mix into a mixing bowl
- Cut 1 whole lemon into segments, de-pip and place in a blender together with water, eggs, oil and butter.
- Blend until mix is creamy- three minutes or so
- Add this mix to dry ingredients and mix until mix is smooth.
- Without delay pour mix into the prepared tin pop into the oven.
- Cook for one hour and ten minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for three minutes or so and then remove the outer rim of the tin.
- Whilst the cake is still hot pour the lemon drizzle over the top of the cake.
- Take the juice of one-half a lemon
- Add the zest from half a lemon
- Add two tablespoons of water and two tablespoons of sugar
- Bring to boil and stir for another three minutes until mix begins to thicken
- Pour over cake surface immediately
Finally, decorate the top of the cake with lemon or orange slices with a dob of sour cream in the middle or top the entire cake with sour cream and add dried peel as a decorative item.