Ten reasons to choose the Bethel Farm Mill Protein Pancake mix.
At first glance, it seems no contest…The Protein Bread Company (PBM) seems to have a clear advantage…it is a mix which has much more protein and nearly no carbohydrates.
“But on closer examination, the Protein Bread company pancake mix may not be exactly what you are looking for”
You see, the idea that carbohydrates are evil and to be avoided at all costs is false. Whilst it is true that refined carbohydrates struggle to be called food at all, complex carbohydrates are on the other hand great for gut health and that is good news for your immune system.
Good eating involves eating healthy carbohydrates… not avoiding them altogether. So low carbohydrate levels are in themselves not a healthy eating virtue.
Whilst the Protein Bread company mix has very high levels of protein, these levels are due to the inclusion of protein powders. Protein powders are made artificially by industrial processes and usually from waste products.
“Protein powders are considered by many to be fake food and have many detrimental effects upon health”
So what benefits does the Bethel Farm Mill Pancake Mix actually have over the Protein Bread company Mix…?
- Half the sodium. Yep, you can definitely have too much salt!
- Contains no protein powders. Protein powders are processed industrially and there are widely acknowledged health risks associated with their consumption. (yes manufacturers can dial up pretty much whatever protein levels they want using these industrial made synthetic protein powders ).
- The Protein Bread Company mix ( which contains both almond meal and may contain sesame seeds), can trigger extreme allergic reactions for those suffering from nut allergies.
- The The Protein Bread Company mix contains lupins which can trigger anaphylactic shock for those who are sensitive.
- The The Protein Bread Company product may contain dairy products…a no no for those with lactose intolerance.
- The Bethel Farm Mill mix costs half the price per 300gm
- The Bethel Protein Pancake Mix is more versatile as it can be used for both pikelets and pancakes as well as crepes.
- The whole grain sorghum and whole beans in the Bethel Farm Mill mix means that the mix is both high fibre, high in complex carbohydrates. Great for gut health and immune system vigor.
- The Bethel Farm Mill mix only needs four eggs for every ten pancakes.
By contrast, the Protein Bread Company mix needs a whopping ten eggs.
“Good news for both products is that they contain no gluten, no soy, wheat, yeast and are preservative free”
If you are looking for a natural food with no artificially isolated proteins, with a good level of complex carbohydrates and nothing nasty to trigger allergies, the Bethel Farm Mill pancake mix might be just what you are looking for. That’s nine, what was the other point?