1 tasty loaf
A robust organic bread, rich in flavour. The herbs and Parmesan cheese are so tasty and aromatic. Best served warm.
2 hrPrep Time
50 minCook Time
2 hr, 50 Total Time
- 1 & 3/4 cup of Stoneground Flour
- 1 cup linseed meal Linseeds
- 1 cup Organic Sifted Rye
- 2 teaspoons of instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon of raw sugar
- warm water
- 2 tablespoons of dried garlic
- big shake of dried thyme
- 3/4 cup of fresh grated parmesan cheese -divide into two portions - half for in the dough and the other portion for on top of the loaf
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl (except the parmesan for on top of loaf).
- Put linseeds in coffee grinder to turn into meal. This ensures it is fresh.
- Pour in warm water, in small increments until dough has reached the right consistency, not too hard and dry, but not wet and sloppy.
- Place on a floured bench and knead until it springs back when poked.
- Put in a greased bowl, lightly covered with cling wrap and leave in a warm place to rise.
- Once doubled in size, punch down and leave to rise again.
- Preheat oven to 220*C
- When doubled again remove from bowl and place on a lightly floured surface and shape into a loaf or rolls.
- Place in a greased tin and pop in the oven for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 200*C and bake for a further 35-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Carefully remove from tin and leave to cool on a rack.