Like most of my baking, these biscuits were a happy experiment. I had a recipe I was loosely following, but a few things were tweaked to produce these natural, sugar-free treats. They are nice and dense and a little chewy with bursts of sweetness from the dates. Delicious!
15 minPrep Time
14 minCook Time
29 minTotal Time
- 180g Rolled Oats – Organic
- 75g wholegrain flour Stoneground Flour
- 60g chopped cashew nuts (unsalted)
- 10 dried dates, chopped
- 1 egg
- 100g butter, melted then cooled
- 1/3 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 180*C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine oats, flour, dates and nuts in a bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, lightly whisk eggs then add cooled butter and honey.
- Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Drop tablespoonfulls of mixture onto trays 3-4cm apart and flatten slightly
- Bake for 12-15mins or until a lovely golden brown.
- Set aside on the trays to cool for 5mins then (taste test now, of course!) transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.