Makes a large 1.2kg cake
A rich, dense Jaffa Chocolate cake with a hint of mocha. This gluten free cake is highly nutritious and loaded with protein, fibre and many vitamins and minerals. Now you can have your cake and eat it!
15 minPrep Time
1 hr, 10 Cook Time
1 hr, 25 Total Time
- 1 Bethel Farm Mill Chocolate Jaffa Cake Mix
- 385 mls water
- 3 eggs
- 125grams of butter
- 100 mls of light olive oil
- 1 large sweet orange for cake (optional 1 large orange for drizzle topping)
- Preheat oven to 150c (fan forced) or 160c (conventional)
- Oil and line the 21 cm springform tin (or 2 tins of 17cm) with baking paper.
- To a blender add the water, eggs, butter, oil and orange which has been cut into portions and had the seeds removed. Be sure to include peel.
- Blend until creamy.
- In a bowl add Jaffa Chocolate Cake Mix. Then pour in the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into baking tin and bake 1hr 5 - 10mins. Check after 1 hour. A skewer inserted into the centre of the cake should come out clean but not dry.
- Remove from the over and cool on a wire tray completely before removing from the tin.
- Take the juice of the second orange
- Add the zest the orange
- Add 20mls of water and two tablespoons of sugar
- Bring to boil and stir for another three minutes until mix begins to thicken
- Brush over cake surface immediately
Top of the cake with fresh or sour cream then decorate with orange slices and shaved chocolate.